Tales of the Javahunden

This blog is the story of my life and the life of my dog, Coffee. We don't have a lot of adventures, but I like to think I can make my ordinary life interesting through the magic of creative hyperbole.

Monday, January 17, 2005

I went to Ronald McDonald House today. Why? Well, I'll tell you why. Because I am a royal sucker. As you can see from the picture below, I worked very hard. I got very tired. I got very sore. All that's OK, though, because I was doing work that would benefit my fellow man. One lady apparently thought we were paid housekeepers or something, though, because she was making all these specifications about when we should "come back" to clean her room. We were trying to be considerate because she wanted to take a nap, and all she could do was complain that her room wasnt finished yet. Sheesh. Some people. We're volunteers, for Pete's sake! You stay here for free!

All that notwithstanding, it was an OK day. It would have been nice to spend my vacation day napping, but at least I accomplished something. In fact, I should probably be sleeping right now. I'm not, though. I'm updating the blog just for you fine folks! Hooray for me! Hee, hee. I crack me up. I mean, y'all don't actually enjoy reading my rants, do you? (Although I'm told my ranting gets raves.) I'm trying not to complain too much, since my incessant whining was mentioned on another blog (http://waterbearergirl.blogspot.com).

Oh, did anyone watch the dog show? It was interesting. For one thing, I found out that the Southeastern Javahound is NOT recognized by the AKC, but the Pembroke Welsh Corgi is! What is this world coming to? What the heck kind of a name is corgi, any way? (Take that, Waterbearer Girl! Mock my whining, will ya!) I also saw that my favorite non-Java breed didn't even win his division. Anybody else like Newfies? They're so cute and large and hairy, and they have webbed paws! Webbed paws, for crying out loud!!! What could be cooler than that? So anyhoots, I wasn't entirely disappointed with the winner of Best in Show. It went to a bloodhound named Notty, or Noddy, or something like that. I saw a Tibetan Terrier for the first time, I think. It was gorgeous. It has long flowing hair that looks kind of like a ball gown or something. High maintenence. Yup, there were some pretty dogs, all right, but they all looked like strays with bad haircuts compared to my Coffee.

Speaking of Coffee and the dog show, I'm not entirely sure, but I think he was pouting about it. He gets a little jealous when I play with Beagley, so I think hearing me coo over dogs he doesn't even know really ticked him off. I can just hear him thinking "What's so great about them? Sure, they are all clean and obedient, but I bet none of THEM ever brought his person a dear skin from the woods! Stupid, prissy little pure breds. The only papers I need are paper towels to shred because someone has used them to wipe there fingers on after eating fried chicken." OK, so maybe I'm overestimating the JH's thought process, but I know he made funny noises the whole time the show was on. What else could it have meant?

OK, in the interest of brevity (insert maniacal laughter here), I'm going to finish now. Oh, and in the interest of clarity, the picture I mentioned earlier may actually be above this. I'm not sure it uploaded properly. Groovy? Groovy.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Bamboo said…

    Geez Miss Priddy, you could cut the rude lady a little slack. She's probably going through a slightly rough period in her life, that could be why she is a little grumpy! Next thing you know you'll be mocking the one legged dead!

    Yes the corgi was ugly on the show. You are just jealous that you don't have one though. Don't try to pretend you're not.

    What's the word for attributing human charcteristics to animals? Don't know? Oh I thought for some reason you would. (HINT HINT)

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Anthropomorphism.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Bamboo said…

    'lori denise priddy'
    anagrams to
    'Insipidly ordered.'

    and, that isnt' the word i was thinking of

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Bamboo said…

    PROOF SOUTHERNERS CAN'T DRIVE IN EVEN AN INCH OF SNOW

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6847593

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    It wasn't snow, it was ice! It's a whole different animal. Besides, people got hurt. Be nice. :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home